These home-made sporty muesli bars will give you energy out on the field and can be easily popped into a lunchbox and eaten on the run!
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup caster sugar
3 cups rolled oats
1 cup puffed rice
1 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup chopped apricots
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup almonds
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line shallow slice tray with baking paper.
2. Combine honey, sugar and butter in saucepan over medium heat and stir for 2-3 mins or until sugar dissolves into melted butter. Bring to the boil until syrup thickens slightly. Remove pan from heat.
3. Combine remaining ingredients in large bowl. Pour hot syrup into bowl and stir to combine.
4. Spoon into prepared pan and press firmly with dusted fingers to make sure the mixture will stick together. Push almonds, scatter, across top of mixture.
5. Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden. Cool and chill in fridge. Cut into 24 slices, wrap in baking paper and secure with string.